Salary: Negotiable based on experience.
Contract: 12 month maternity cover with possibility of extension
Start date: Flexible – Feb/March anticipated.
This role would also suit people looking for roles such as:
– Account Manager
– Account Director
– Senior Project Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join a multi award-winning digital product development team, based in the beautiful city of Bath.
You’ll be joining the Senior Management team of a small but perfectly formed team of 12, who are passionate about web tech, user experience and digital products. We’ve been happily profitable since we launched 11 years ago and have the luxury of meeting prospective clients through reputation alone, before choosing which of those clients we most want to work with.
This role is a blend of project and account management, with an amount of operational responsibility alongside. As such, we’re looking for an individual who has worked within an agency environment and has significant experience managing digital software projects.
You’ll need to be able to form strong productive working relationships with our clients and partners, whilst not being at all phased by the technicality of the work we do and language we use internally within the organisation.
The Head of Projects is part of the SMT (Senior Management Team) which means that this role has both operational and strategic elements. Whilst on a day-to-day basis you’ll be working closely with clients and our team, you’ll also join weekly SMT meetings alongside the CEO and CTO. In addition to the project/client-responsibilities, our Office Manager reports directly to this role and you are tasked with the smooth running of the workplace (be it virtual or physical).
So what will it be like? Who will you be working with? Well you can check out the team and their bio’s on the about us page of the Storm site. You can also have sneak peak into our values and our culture. As for our clients, day-to-day you could be helping couples to Tie the Knot with the UK’s leading wedding website & planning company, helping to save the global Life Science industry over $1bn/year working with a world leading search engine and data provider, providing online compliance support and e-learning to the nation’s schools and small businesses or even changing the future of computer game press & publicity…. or working on a brand new startup!
So what do we need from you…
- Have significant experience in project / account management. Either as a senior in a small organisation, or middle-senior in a larger team.
- Be quick to grasp concepts. We work with an eclectic mix of startup, scale-up and established businesses from a variety of backgrounds and industries. Being able to quickly understand and appreciate a client’s needs is critical
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Show an ability for strategic organisation-wide thinking
- Have excellent written and spoken English. A lot of company communication (email and phones) will flow through you.
- 3+ years in industry
- A University degree (or equivalent)
- Highly competitive salary
- 4.5 day week (for a full salary) – we don’t work Friday afternoons
- Unlimited holiday policy
- A MacBook pro (+ second display) and an assortment of other Apple goodies
- Flexible working
- Opportunities to attend relevant events and conferences, as well as other training
- Annual company team retreat
- A variety of team social events.
Please note, this job role will start fully remote due to COVID-19, however in the future it is expected that you’ll work from our office in central Bath for the majority of the time. We’re not accepting applications for fully-remote working.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with examples of projects you have managed over the past 12-24 months.
No agencies / recruiters please.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 8th January 2021