Salary: based on experience
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award winning digital product development team, voted Best Place to Work 2015, based in the beautiful city of Bath.
If bringing digital products to life is your passion and if working with some amazing startups from around the world excites you, then this may be the role for you.
We’re looking for a talented user interface designer to join our team. Our ideal candidate would be a gifted creative with experience crafting interfaces for web sites and applications. They will have a strong appreciation of the importance of design in user experience, be a master of their design tools of choice, and be adept at creating wireframes and style guides for our development teams to work from.
You’ll be working closely with the front end development team to craft interfaces for an eclectic mix of projects. Day-to-day you could be changing the face of computer game press and publicity for good, refining the look and feel of the world’s largest Antibody Search Engine (which saves the life science industry an estimated $1bn a year!), redesigning the interface that has helped the UK public to top 3.4 million cakes to date, overhauling the dashboard that keeps the nation’s small businesses compliant – or something totally new!
As a UI designer, you’ll work closely with our clients to help them formulate entirely new graphical personalities for their projects – and then bring them to life in flat file format. You’ll also be expected to keep abreast of the latest trends in web and application design, and help inform and educate our client base.
- Have past experience as a UI designer (or as a web designer with reasonable UI experience)
- Be able to meet with a client and assess their creative needs before creating flat file designs based on a combination of wireframes and input from the client/ wider team
- Be able to design a marketing website (see some of the projects above for examples)
- Be exceptional with your design tool of choice (e.g. Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator)
- Be quick to grasp concepts. We work with an eclectic mix of startup and established businesses from a variety of backgrounds and industries. Being able to quickly understand and appreciate a client’s needs is critical
- Have excellent written and spoken English
- Be confident in your ability to speak directly with clients.
- An appreciation of web front end coding languages (HTML & CSS) would be advantageous, but not necessary
- Past experience designing / creating wireframes and style guides
- Past experience designing UI for complex web applications would be advantageous, but not necessary.
- Highly competitive salary
- 4.5 day week (for a full salary) – we don’t work Friday afternoons
- Unlimited holiday policy
- A MacBook pro, cinema display and an assortment of other Apple goodies to work from
- Flexible working
- Opportunities to attend relevant events and conferences, as well as other training
- Annual company team holiday (no work, just fun)
- A variety of team social events
- We were voted Best Place to Work in Bath 2015 at the recent Bath Business Awards.
Please send a CV, covering letter and portfolio of past work to email@example.com to apply. Your portfolio may include images or links, but in either case must clearly indicate your individual level of input to the work you present.
Please note, this job role is based at our offices in central Bath. As such, we’re not accepting applications for remote working.
Categorically no agencies / recruiters.