Up to £22-28k pa based on experience.
Full time post
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning digital product development team, based in the beautiful city of Bath.
If bringing ideas to life is your passion and if working with some amazing startups and scale ups excites you, then this may be the role for you. You’ll be joining a highly skilled team of 12 who are passionate about web technology and digital products. We’ve always been happily profitable since we launched 11 years ago and have the luxury of meeting prospective clients through reputation alone, before choosing which of those clients we most want to work with.
You’ll be joining five senior Rubyists and will either be working on a long-term project for one of Storm’s partners, or in an agile fashion across multiple projects. Day-to-day you could be helping couples to Tie the Knot with the UK’s leading wedding website & planning company, helping to save the global Life Science industry over $1bn/year working on a world leading search engine and data provider, providing online compliance support to the nation’s schools and small businesses or even changing the future of computer game press & publicity – or working on a brand new startup!
As a full stack web developer, you’ll be expected to both support existing projects and develop brand new web applications alongside our senior developers. As well as building back-end systems you’ll be collaborating with our design and UX teams, working with front-end code.
Our developers work closely with our clients and partners, so if you can show us the sort of energy and enthusiasm that we hope you’d show our clients, then you’ll be a great fit.
We’ve won and been nominated for multiple Best Place to Work awards and take great pride in striving towards an enjoyable, engaging and challenging workplace. We actively engage in creating a positive work/life balance. Alongside our unmetered holiday policy and 4.5 day working week we arrange regular team socials including an annual team retreat. We also offer health insurance, cash allowances for every-day medical expenses and mental wellbeing sessions. We also make sure you have access to the best equipment available to carry out your work and are currently awaiting assessment for Bcorp certification.
Our central Bath office (only a short walk from the train station) is our heart, but we support flexible working arrangements to fit around your life.
- A university degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and the ability to quickly pick up new languages and frameworks
- Have a knowledge of SQL databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Be quick to grasp concepts. We work with an eclectic mix of startup and established businesses from a variety of backgrounds and industries. Being able to quickly understand and appreciate a client’s needs is critical
- Have excellent written and spoken English
- Be confident in your ability to speak directly with clients.
- Either a year or more in industry, or side-project/placement experience
- Examples of websites you have had a leading role in creating.
- Highly competitive salary
- 4.5 day week (for a full salary) – we don’t work Friday afternoons
- Unlimited holiday policy
- A MacBook pro (+ second display) and an assortment of other Apple goodies
- Flexible working
- Opportunities to attend relevant events and conferences, as well as other training
- Annual company team retreat
- A variety of team social events.
The role will allow for home working part of the week (where requested) – however you must be able to work from our office in central Bath at least part-time. We’re not accepting applications for fully-remote working.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Please provide code examples from current work. If you’re unable to do so, please explain why.
No agencies / recruiters please.
Storm are committed to considering diversity, equality and inclusion in our recruitment process.