NOW CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS
£25,000 – £35,000 pa based on experience.
Full time post
Come and join our team as a Front end web developer! This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning digital product development team, based in the beautiful city of Bath. Alongside our recent awards for Best Digital Design (SPARKies Awards), Best Use of UX Design (SPARKies Awards) and Best Agency (Creative Bath Awards) we’ve also won Best Place to Work (Bath Business Awards).
So if bringing digital products to life is your passion and if working with some amazing clients from around the world excites you, then this may be the role for you. You’ll be joining a team of 10 who are passionate about web tech and digital products. We’ve always been happily profitable since we launched 9 years ago and have the luxury of meeting prospective clients through reputation alone, before choosing which of those clients we most want to work with.
Front end web developer job
Your knowledge of usability, accessibility, responsive design and rendering performance will be a core part of the design process. Your eye for design will be vital when you are building out wire-framed pages from a style guide or adding delightful flourishes to sites that create memorable experiences.
On a day-to-day basis, you could be working alongside our WordPress team building sites for the likes of the Institute of Coding, Bristol’s EngineShed and the University of Bath, or you could be working with our Ruby on Rails team defining what ethics in AI means, helping the Forbes 2017 Main Street award winning LogicPrep in transforming the future of US tutoring, working on the world’s largest Antibody Search Engine or even changing the future of computer game press & publicity – or something totally new.
You must have:
- Excellent knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Be confident writing well structured, reusable, modular stylesheets with SCSS that can be easily used and modified by other team members.
- The ability to turn flat designs into responsive, performant websites.
- An eye for design and the skills to extrapolate a designer’s style guide across multiple pages.
- Experience integrating designs with backend systems through templating languages. We use WordPress and Rails, you may have used anything similar.
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts. We work with an eclectic mix of startups and established businesses from a variety of backgrounds and industries. Being able to quickly understand and appreciate a client’s needs is critical.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Confidence in your ability to speak directly with clients.
- Previous experience with Zurb Foundation (or a willingness to learn it quickly.)
- Have used git for version control.
- Looked at tools for managing front end build processes (e.g. Gulp, Webpack.)
- Experience in an agency delivering quality projects to tight deadlines.
- Some experience with PHP and/or WordPress.
- Highly competitive salary.
- 4.5 day week (for a full salary) – we don’t work Friday afternoons.
- Unlimited holiday policy.
- Private healthcare
- A MacBook Pro (+ second display) and an assortment of other Apple goodies.
- Flexible working.
- Opportunities to attend relevant events and conferences, as well as other training.
- Annual company team retreat.
- A variety of team social events.
Please note, this job role is based at our offices in central Bath. As such, we’re not accepting applications for remote working.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. If you’re able to provide code examples of current work please do so.
Categorically no agencies / recruiters.