It’s no secret that we love a long term partnership at Storm. We’ve had lots of long term clients over the years which we’re incredibly proud of and grateful for. Our first joint venture goes back a decade and we’re so excited to be celebrating this milestone.
In 2014 we teamed up with CiteAb, a University of Bath research and development project, led by Dr Andrew Chalmers. CiteAb collects life science research data from across the world and compiles it into one place. This initiative has saved billions of dollars in research as it makes data accessible and accelerates research by helping scientists find the right products for their work.
We’ve been so proud to work with CiteAb over the years and be actively involved in this impactful project. In 2022 CiteAb also won a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Innovation.
A few notable facts and figures over the last decade:
- CiteAb now has over 14 million reagents in the database and 6 million double verified citations.
- Over 800,000 search engine users each year.
- They work with over 100 reagent suppliers, ranging from large multinationals to smaller, more specialist companies.
- CiteAb now covers 5 different reagent types (they first launched with one: antibodies).
- 28 million page views since going live.
“We are thrilled to be celebrating ten years since CiteAb spun out as a company from the University of Bath! Storm have been instrumental in every stage of our growth, from building our initial prototype to helping us grow and become a successful company and we have had a close partnership at every stage. (For example, they helped us build and design our brand new website last year!). Their support and expertise has enabled us to help even more researchers and suppliers over the past decade”.Dr Andrew Chalmers, CiteAb CEO
Congratulations team CiteAb, we look forward to our continued partnership and all the success you have to come.