We’re Hiring: Full-stack web developer
£25,000 – £45,000 pa based on experience.
Full time post – POSITION NOW FILLED
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning digital product development team, voted Best Place to Work, based in the beautiful city of Bath.
If bringing digital products to life is your passion and if working with some amazing startups from around the world excites you, then this may be the role for you. You’ll be joining a team of 10 who are passionate about web tech and digital products. We’ve always been happily profitable since we launched 8 years ago and have the luxury of meeting prospective clients through reputation alone, before choosing which of those clients we most want to work with.
You’ll be joining four other senior Rubyists and will either be working on a long-term project for one of Storm’s partners, or in an agile fashion across multiple projects. Day-to-day you could be defining what ethics in AI means, helping the Forbes 2017 Main Street award winning LogicPrep in transforming the future of US tutoring, working on the world’s largest Antibody Search Engine, providing online compliance support to the nation’s small businesses or even changing the future of computer game press & publicity – or something totally new.
- Be able to program in a relevant language (e.g. Ruby, PHP, Python), ideally having worked with an MVC web framework
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and the ability to quickly pick up Ruby on Rails if that is not your current language / framework of choice
- Have a knowledge of SQL databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Be quick to grasp concepts. We work with an eclectic mix of startup and established businesses from a variety of backgrounds and industries. Being able to quickly understand and appreciate a client’s needs is critical
- Have excellent written and spoken English
- Be confident in your ability to speak directly with clients.
- A year or more in industry
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject
- Highly competitive salary
- 4.5 day week (for a full salary) – we don’t work Friday afternoons
- Unlimited holiday policy
- A MacBook pro (+ second display) and an assortment of other Apple goodies
- Flexible working
- Opportunities to attend relevant events and conferences, as well as other training
- Annual company team retreat
- A variety of team social events.
Please note, this job role is based at our offices in central Bath. As such, we’re not accepting applications for remote working.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. If you’re able to provide code examples of current work please do so.
Categorically no agencies / recruiters.