Job: Full time Web Developer
Storm is a web development agency based in Bath, UK with a growing reputation. To meet our ever increasing demand we’re looking for some new talent to join our skilled team.
- Role: Web Developer
- Basis: Full time
- Salary: Based on experience
- Location: Storm HQ, Bath, UK
We’re working with some fantastic clients on really interesting technical projects and you’ll be getting involved from day one. Storm are also working on a range of SaaS apps that we are hoping to release over the next 12 months. As part of our development team, any downtime from client work will be spent on these.
If that sounds interesting, read on!
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a capable programmer with good knowledge of OOP and MVC web frameworks who understands when, and more importantly, when not to use design patterns and buzz word technologies.
- Know Ruby on Rails 3.2 well. If not, we’d still be interested to hear from excellent programmers keen to learn Rails.
- Consider source control essential. Experience with Git helpful.
- Follow a rough, but not religious Test-Driven Development approach.
- Be adaptable and a quick learner.
- Have excellent written and spoken English.
- Be comfortable working in an agency environment, communicating directly with clients face-to-face and over the phone. Previous experience in a client facing role is preferred, either at an agency or freelance.
- Be available to work from our offices 5 days a week.
- Thrive working in a young, dynamic company. You’ll fit into the culture and become an integral part of the team.
We don’t require you to be
a rockstar developer the finished article, just have a solid understanding of the principles and be enthusiastic to learn from, and share ideas with the team.
- Macbook Pro and 27″ Cinema Display.
- Office in central Bath with Xbox.
- Flexible working hours.
- Friday afternoon off.
- Unrestricted holiday allowance.
- Casual dress code.
- Fantastic coffee from our awesome machine. Tea + biccies too!
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter, along with your salary expectations and when you’d be available to start to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re interested in hearing from individuals, no recruitment agencies.