We’re Hiring – Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
£35,000 – £45,000 pa based on experience.
Full time post.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award winning digital product development team, voted Best Place to Work, based in the beautiful city of Bath.
If bringing digital products to life is your passion and if working with some amazing startups from around the world excites you, then this may be the role for you.
You’ll be joining four other senior Rubyists and will either be working on a long-term project for one of Storm’s partners, or in an agile fashion across multiple projects. Day-to-day you could be helping the Forbes 2017 Main Street award winning LogicPrep in transforming the future of US tutoring, working on the world’s largest Antibody Search Engine, providing online compliance support to the nation’s small businesses or even changing the future of computer game press & publicity – or something totally new.
- Have knowledge of SQL (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Be quick to grasp concepts. We work with an eclectic mix of startup and established businesses from a variety of backgrounds and industries. Being able to quickly understand and appreciate a client’s needs is critical.
- Have excellent written and spoken English.
- Be confident in your ability to speak directly with clients.
- Experience building scalable web applications & performance optimisation
- Experience using Amazon Web Services infrastructure
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject
- Highly competitive salary
- 4.5 day week (for a full salary) – we don’t work Friday afternoons
- Unlimited holiday policy
- A MacBook pro (+ second display) and an assortment of other Apple goodies to work from
- Flexible working
- Opportunities to attend relevant events and conferences, as well as other training
- Annual company team retreat
- A variety of team social events
- We were voted Best Place to Work in Bath 2015 at the Bath Business Awards
Please note, this job role is based at our offices in central Bath. As such, we’re not accepting applications for remote working.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re able to provide code examples of current work please do so.
Categorically no agencies / recruiters.